Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Egg and nut free desserts.

On Jul 29, 5:21*am, PL > wrote:
> Just go a call from #1 daughter. She's having a dinner party on Sat night
> (and didn't invite us!!), and one of her gf's is bringing her new bf who
> is egg and nut allergic.
>
> So consequently, I've been nutting (nyuk, nyuk!!) over some recipe sites
> and found some quite interesting dessert recipes.... some of which I may
> just try myself!!
>
> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Many recipes have nuts as an optional ingredient, and in many recipes,
you can just leave the nuts out. Not if it's a ground-nut-based pie
crust or something like that where nuts are the main ingredient, but
nearly anything else. I make "pecan rolls" without pecans, and they
are always a big hit with friends and family - all that butter and
brown sugar, you know. ;-)

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 > wrote in news:7707a2ed-a6f0-4a96-b2a3-
:

> On Jul 29, 5:21*am, PL > wrote:
>> Just go a call from #1 daughter. She's having a dinner party on Sat

night
>> (and didn't invite us!!), and one of her gf's is bringing her new bf

who
>> is egg and nut allergic.
>>
>> So consequently, I've been nutting (nyuk, nyuk!!) over some recipe

sites
>> and found some quite interesting dessert recipes.... some of which I

may
>> just try myself!!
>>

> Many recipes have nuts as an optional ingredient, and in many recipes,
> you can just leave the nuts out. Not if it's a ground-nut-based pie
> crust or something like that where nuts are the main ingredient, but
> nearly anything else. I make "pecan rolls" without pecans, and they
> are always a big hit with friends and family - all that butter and
> brown sugar, you know. ;-)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, brown sugar and butter, Mmmmmmmmmmm :-)

But unfortunately, for the person in question, the 'pecanless roll' would
have eggs in it, wouldn't it?

When #1 first asked for my help, I must admit I had a few thoughts of
"This guy is a ****** who just wants to make a scene and feel 'special'".
I thought it was being rather 'specific' to say "I'm allergic to eggs and
nuts"..... but no, there's reams and reams of recipes out there because it
seems *many* people have the same specific allergy.

And then you have the gluten free people, and the vegans..........

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 29, 2:45*pm, PL > wrote:
> Nancy2 > wrote in news:7707a2ed-a6f0-4a96-b2a3-
> :
>

> > On Jul 29, 5:21*am, PL > wrote:
> >> Just go a call from #1 daughter. She's having a dinner party on Sat

> night
> >> (and didn't invite us!!), and one of her gf's is bringing her new bf

> who
> >> is egg and nut allergic.

> >> So consequently, I've been nutting (nyuk, nyuk!!) over some recipe

> sites
> >> and found some quite interesting dessert recipes.... some of which I

> may
> >> just try myself!!

> > Many recipes have nuts as an optional ingredient, and in many recipes,
> > you can just leave the nuts out. *Not if it's a ground-nut-based pie
> > crust or something like that where nuts are the main ingredient, but
> > nearly anything else. *I make "pecan rolls" without pecans, and they
> > are always a big hit with friends and family - all that butter and
> > brown sugar, you know. ;-)

> Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, brown sugar and butter, Mmmmmmmmmmm :-)
>
> But unfortunately, for the person in question, the 'pecanless roll' would
> have eggs in it, wouldn't it?
>
> When #1 first asked for my help, I must admit I had a few thoughts of
> "This guy is a ****** who just wants to make a scene and feel 'special'".
> I thought it was being rather 'specific' to say "I'm allergic to eggs and
> nuts"..... but no, there's reams and reams of recipes out there because it
> seems *many* people have the same specific allergy.
>
> And then you have the gluten free people, and the vegans..........
>
> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.- Hide quoted text -

There are yeast breads without eggs. Or it could use an egg
substitute.

N.