Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_9_] Joseph Coulter[_9_] is offline

Default All the National Dishes of the World in ONE Ebook!

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:28:08 +1000, "Martin Field"
> wrote:

>"Ronin" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On 2010-07-23 11:18:38 -0700, stephenkahn > said:
>>

>> And here I thought Sophia Loren was the national dish of Italy...
>>
>> Jim
>>

>There is a misconception I've heard that kangaroo is a national dish in
>Australia - not so. It's served in tourist restaurants and some high end
>places - almost as a novelty item. But nobody I know eats it and I believe
>most of the local consumption goes to the dogs ie for pet food.
>
>Slaughtered in non too humane or hygienic surrounds it also carries a few
>parasites.
>
>I ate some years ago as kangaroo tail soup and as steak. Dark stringy and
>gamey. Recommended wine - cask (bag in a box).
>
>The most common dish in Noosa restaurants is slow cooked pork belly. Most
>consumed wine in Oz - New Zealand sauvignon blanc.
>
>Cheers!
>
>Martin.

I have had Kangaroo, and rather enjoyed it grilled. Queensland is a
bit warm for wine drinking. I would think the idea of a really dense
Syrah(shiras excuse me) on a Queensland evening would be overpowering.
My favorite Queensland libation would have to be cold beer and a lager
or pilsner at that. Not quite ale country.
Joseph Coulter
J&B Journeys
www.josephcoulter.com

904 685 5317