Posted to rec.food.equipment
jt august[_3_] jt august[_3_] is offline

Default Can opener better than the Swing-A-Way 407?

In article >,
"pavane" > wrote:

> "Bert Hyman" > wrote in message
> . ..
> | In "pavane"
> > wrote:
> |

> |> "Bert Hyman" > wrote in message
> |> . ..

couple
> |>|

in
> |>|

> |> They sold out to China, the new ones are made there and they
> |> are miserable. Try to find one that says "Made in USA," my
> |> Bed Bath & Beyond just got a stock of the US products. If not
> |> google the prior thread on this subject about a year ago here.
> |
> |Well, the "new" one we have is "Made in USA", so it's not the dreaded
> |China Syndrome.
> |
> |I guess we'll keep looking.
>
> Sorry to hear that. Here is a link to the earlier sequence, there might
> be some worthwhile info in it:
> http://tinyurl.com/23c4gmy

I was going to repost what has happened since I used to work for a
machine shop that made three key components, but if you click the above
URL and look for my comments (author jt august), its all right there.

The final assembly is in the US, all parts are made in china, and some
assemblies are put together there before shipping to here for final.
They basically put 2 or 3 assemblies together, and that is sufficient to
claim Made in USA.

jt