Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Bocce Wines

On 07/05/2010 12:21 AM, Bill S. wrote:
> 2006 Dom. des Amouriers 'Cuvee Signature' Vacqueyras – with a
> proprietor by the name of Chudzikiewicz one might expect a non-
> traditional wine, but this was excellent – a little tar, a lot of red
> fruit, smooth and juicy in the mouth, drink now or over the next few
> years.

Hi Bill,

Jocelyn Chudzikiewicz was a gentleman, a very nice man and a talented
and respected winemaker. He was one of the innovators in Vacqueyras and
it would not be unfair to say that his efforts made a large contribution
towards Vacqueyras receiving the AOC. (He was president of the Vacqu.
interprofessional wine association.) His death in 1997 in a car accident
was a shock to everyone who knew him. We tasted with him some months
before his accident and had had the pleasure of several encounters.

I don't think there was much of a change in the domaine following his
death, though I only had an extensive tasting during what may have been
a confusing transition. Apparently Jocelyn's son Igor is also now
involved. Glad to here the wines are back on track. The domaine
actually suffered significant damage, we were told, in the rains and
floods of 1992.

I must say I'm a bit bemused that Jocelyn's name, however respected, is
still on the label 13 years after his death.

-E