Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@verizon.net is offline

Default Price alert: Beef tenderloin at Costco

On 27-Jun-2010, "Stormmee" > wrote:

> i have a Sam's membership, a costco membership and i still price shop for
> what i want, it hast to be whelches grape jelly so when its on sale i get
> it
> wherever, walmart has its place like every other store, imbuing emotions
> into issues of groceries is odd to me, Lee
> "ceed" > wrote in message
> newsp.veylauku325jvr@cdlappy...
> > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 19:55:12 -0500, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:

.. . .

I have to agree with that comment Lee. I shop them all and buy when I
find the quality and price that I want. I find some deals now and then
at MacDill AFB, but it is not a given. Often they are priced significantly
above the regular supermarkets. Their quality is always good though.
I don't think I've ever seen 'select' grade meat at the commissary. I've
gotten a few briskets at Walmart, but all too often they don't even have
any in the meat case. My best source for brisket is 35 miles away, so
I have to figure in the cost of gas if I go over there. It sure isn't worth
it
for a single brisket. My best ongoing sources are three local independent
grocery/meat markets that do real butchering and don't wrap anything
until you buy it.

--
Brick made that speech.