Sven Gorval

Default traditional Brunello

Lisini has not changed style, it is still very good. My personal
favorites (one bottle a year, given the prices) are Biondi Santi
Riserva, Case Basse-Soldera Riserva and Lisini Riserva, in that order.
A lot of patience is required but these are true gems.
More affordable are Il Poggione, Poggio Salvi (managed by Franco's son
Jacopo Biondi Santi), Pertimali, Poggio di Sotto.
Also you could give it a try buying Biondi Santi's regular Brunello
Annata (still expensive but more affordable) and Rosso di Montalcino
(around 30 euros bought on the premise). This last one is a real
Brunello (aged two years in big slavonian casks of different sizes)
unlike many counterparts and just needs a lot of patience (as usual)
in terms of bottle aging to show its true elegance.
Given your tastes (which I completely agree with) avoid Banfi,
Castelgiocondo, Fanti, Altesino, Campogiovanni, Poggio Antico, Pieve
Santa Restituta or any other Brunello that receives high marks by
suspicious critics.