Michael Pronay

Default Blood Sauce (VERY long & nearly OT)

Ian Hoare > wrote:

> ... a Moulin à Vent, a Beaujolais village - the most long lived,
> but nevertheless a Beaujolais.

Don't dismiss Moulin-à-Vent. I had two absolutely perfect examples
of aged Moulin-à-Vent from magnums from excellent vintages (1961
and 1985), drunk at age 15 to 20 from reputable producers (the
younger Chteau des Jacques; can't remember the older one, it was
at Georges Blanc in Vonnas 15 years ago). Nobody I know of (myself
included) would have been able to pin down blind Beaujolais &
Gamay. "A perfectly ripe Côte de Beaune", was the unanimous
verdict.

M.