Lawrence Leichtman

Default Big dinner, lots of 2000 Bordeaux

In article >,
amnspam (Dale Williams) wrote:

> >Thanks for the suggestion. I will try one this weekend.

> Just to cheer you up, here's a comment just posted re the 2000 Pichon Lalande
> from one of the organizers of this event (a good taster, who works for an
> auction house):
>
> "Yes, I liked Pichon Lalande.** When I tasted it, I wanted to curl up with
> both
> it and a nice medium-rare New York sirloin.* Throw in some steamed veggies
> and
> sauteed mushrooms and I would be in heaven.* Yes, I thought there was
> something
> "green," but I the bottle I tasted from seemed full and showy and I likened
> it
> to "stewed vegatables and fruit with hints of grilled meat and black
> pepper."*
> Some people may not like this.* I do.* I guess I've just been drinking to
> much
> run-of-the mill Bordeaux and this gal popped out at me as an unusual creature
> to spend some more time with in the future"
>
> So not everyone disliked. Looking forward to your notes.
> Dale
>
> Dale Williams
> Drop "damnspam" to reply

Opened one bottle last night and stewed fruit was my impression. It was
very fruit forward which to me is unusual in a Pinchon Lalande. I didn't
get any grilled meat or black pepper (maybe green pepper was more like
it. The fruit was not unpleasant but did have a raisiny component in it
which ruins a Bourdeaux for me. I've decided the other two bottle will
go for acution on winecommune.com