Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ricavito Ricavito is offline

Default Cucumber Salad

On Jun 16, 12:38*am, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Ricavito" > wrote in message

> On Jun 15, 5:36 pm, "Cheri" > wrote:
>

> > From Kraft:

> > Sounds good if you like cucumbers.

> > What You Need!

> > 4 large cucumbers
> > 8 radishes, thinly sliced
> > 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
> > 1/3 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
> > 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
> > 1/4 cup chopped red onions

> > Make It!

> > USE vegetable peeler to cut 1 cucumber into long thin ribbons.

> > PEEL remaining cucumbers; cut into 1-inch cubes. Toss with remaining
> > ingredients.

> > SPOON cucumber mixture onto center of platter; surround with cucumber
> > ribbons.

> That does sound good for a hot day's lunch. *I have some cukes but no
> radish. *However, I picked the first ripe tomato in the garden today,
> and there's a couple that should be ready tomorrow so I might add them
> in place of the radish.
>
> That's sooo unfair! *This past Sat. we finally had a day that was about 70
> degrees. *It is back to somewhat chilly again and rainy. *Not enough warmth
> to grow anything yet, but over the weekend my neighbor put up one of those
> topsy turvy tomato thingies.- Hide quoted text -

LOL Julie, I know, it has been cooler than normal here as well. This
won't be a good tomato year I don't think. It was 50F last night
here.

The plants have lots of flowers, but the fruit won't set. The
heirloom varieties seem to be the worst. The Romas have a few small
green fruits. It is the Early Girl that is producing -- it has a
shorter growing season and can set fruit at lower nighttime temps
supposedly.

On the other hand, I had a bumper crop of greens this year. I
actually got tired of eating greens.