Old 16-06-2010, 01:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cucumber Salad

From Kraft:

Sounds good if you like cucumbers.

What You Need!

4 large cucumbers
8 radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/3 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup chopped red onions

Make It!

USE vegetable peeler to cut 1 cucumber into long thin ribbons.

PEEL remaining cucumbers; cut into 1-inch cubes. Toss with remaining
ingredients.

SPOON cucumber mixture onto center of platter; surround with cucumber
ribbons.

Old 16-06-2010, 01:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Member

"Cheri" wrote in message
From Kraft:

Sounds good if you like cucumbers.

What You Need!

4 large cucumbers
8 radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/3 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup chopped red onions

Make It!

USE vegetable peeler to cut 1 cucumber into long thin ribbons.

PEEL remaining cucumbers; cut into 1-inch cubes. Toss with remaining
ingredients.

SPOON cucumber mixture onto center of platter; surround with cucumber
ribbons.

Thanks for that, Cheri, love Cukes..

Peaches in Rowlett Tx

Old 16-06-2010, 06:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jun 15, 5:36*pm, "Cheri" wrote:
From Kraft:

Sounds good if you like cucumbers.

What You Need!

4 large cucumbers
8 * radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup *Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/3 cup *KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup *chopped red onions

Make It!

USE vegetable peeler to cut 1 cucumber into long thin ribbons.

PEEL remaining cucumbers; cut into 1-inch cubes. Toss with remaining
ingredients.

SPOON cucumber mixture onto center of platter; surround with cucumber
ribbons.

That does sound good for a hot day's lunch. I have some cukes but no
radish. However, I picked the first ripe tomato in the garden today,
and there's a couple that should be ready tomorrow so I might add them
in place of the radish.
Old 16-06-2010, 08:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

every Kraft dressing I saw in store had high fructose corn syrup so check
that label...
even ones that weren't supposed to be sweet..

sigh

KROM

From Kraft:

Old 16-06-2010, 08:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
From Kraft:

Sounds good if you like cucumbers.

What You Need!

4 large cucumbers
8 radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/3 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup chopped red onions

Make It!

USE vegetable peeler to cut 1 cucumber into long thin ribbons.

PEEL remaining cucumbers; cut into 1-inch cubes. Toss with remaining
ingredients.

SPOON cucumber mixture onto center of platter; surround with cucumber
ribbons.

I made a big tuna salad tonight. I bought the kind that I can eat because
Angela didn't want any. It contains peas in the broth so she can't have it.
I used plenty of chopped vegetables. Green onions, celery, Roma tomatoes,
red pepper and parsley. Added a couple of glugs of olive oil and plenty of
squirts of lemon juice. Also salt and pepper.

Had I been making it for Angela, I would have used only green onion, celery
and a ton of cucumber as the vegetables. She loves cucumber!

Old 16-06-2010, 08:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ricavito" wrote in message
On Jun 15, 5:36 pm, "Cheri" wrote:
From Kraft:

Sounds good if you like cucumbers.

What You Need!

4 large cucumbers
8 radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/3 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup chopped red onions

Make It!

USE vegetable peeler to cut 1 cucumber into long thin ribbons.

PEEL remaining cucumbers; cut into 1-inch cubes. Toss with remaining
ingredients.

SPOON cucumber mixture onto center of platter; surround with cucumber
ribbons.

That does sound good for a hot day's lunch. I have some cukes but no
radish. However, I picked the first ripe tomato in the garden today,
and there's a couple that should be ready tomorrow so I might add them
in place of the radish.

That's sooo unfair! This past Sat. we finally had a day that was about 70
degrees. It is back to somewhat chilly again and rainy. Not enough warmth
to grow anything yet, but over the weekend my neighbor put up one of those
topsy turvy tomato thingies.

Old 16-06-2010, 08:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" wrote in message
every Kraft dressing I saw in store had high fructose corn syrup so check
that label...
even ones that weren't supposed to be sweet..

sigh

I can't remember the exact name. I think it might be organic. Has extra
virgin olive oil in it. No HFCS and no soybean oil. It's not available
everywhere though. Only a few stores around here carry it. I think there
are three varieties. I get the Italian one for pasta salad. Very good and
I am picky about dressings. Don't like most of them.

Old 16-06-2010, 09:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

I had a Greek salad at a Greek restaurant a while back and there was a
creamy, light brown dressing on it. I have produced similar from adding
balsamic vinegar to mayo and mixing well. I think it would go well with this
recipe as well.

KROM wrote:
every Kraft dressing I saw in store had high fructose corn syrup so
check that label...
even ones that weren't supposed to be sweet..

sigh

KROM

From Kraft:

Old 16-06-2010, 03:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jun 16, 12:38*am, "Julie Bove" wrote:
"Ricavito" wrote in message

On Jun 15, 5:36 pm, "Cheri" wrote:

From Kraft:

[...]

topsy turvy tomato thingies.- Hide quoted text -

LOL Julie, I know, it has been cooler than normal here as well. This
won't be a good tomato year I don't think. It was 50F last night
here.

The plants have lots of flowers, but the fruit won't set. The
heirloom varieties seem to be the worst. The Romas have a few small
green fruits. It is the Early Girl that is producing -- it has a
shorter growing season and can set fruit at lower nighttime temps
supposedly.

On the other hand, I had a bumper crop of greens this year. I
actually got tired of eating greens.

Old 16-06-2010, 04:04 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" wrote in message
every Kraft dressing I saw in store had high fructose corn syrup so check
that label...
even ones that weren't supposed to be sweet..

sigh

KROM

"Cheri" wrote in message
From Kraft:

Sounds good if you like cucumbers.

What You Need!

4 large cucumbers
8 radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/3 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup chopped red onions

Make It!

USE vegetable peeler to cut 1 cucumber into long thin ribbons.

PEEL remaining cucumbers; cut into 1-inch cubes. Toss with remaining
ingredients.

SPOON cucumber mixture onto center of platter; surround with cucumber
ribbons.

Well, since it's a Kraft recipe, I imagine that would be their
recommendation, however I don't use bottled dressing, I make my own, as I'm
sure most here do.

Cheri

Old 16-06-2010, 04:05 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message
I had a Greek salad at a Greek restaurant a while back and there was a
creamy, light brown dressing on it. I have produced similar from adding
balsamic vinegar to mayo and mixing well. I think it would go well with
this recipe as well.

I'm sure it would.

Cheri

Old 17-06-2010, 08:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

I make a awesome dressing using real mayo..a good balsamic...sesame oil and
splenda

I vary it with a dash hot sauce or onion and garlic season if no actual
onion or garlic in the salad.

its very good

KROM

KROM wrote:
every Kraft dressing I saw in store had high fructose corn syrup so
check that label...
even ones that weren't supposed to be sweet..

sigh

KROM

From Kraft:

Old 18-06-2010, 09:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tabasco or any sauce made with peppers and vinegar

I saw a show on how it is made..its like making wine..very cool...they
take old whiskey barrels and put the jalapeno mash into them with vinegar
and seal top with salt and let ferment for months .

Oh sometimes I add mustard..each small change effects the taste but all is
delicious!

I like it on meat and if you add soy sauce and more sesame and less mayo it's
a yummy asian sauce.

KROM

KROM wrote:
every Kraft dressing I saw in store had high fructose corn syrup so
check that label...
even ones that weren't supposed to be sweet..

sigh

KROM

From Kraft:

Old 18-06-2010, 10:09 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

KROM wrote:
Tabasco or any sauce made with peppers and vinegar

Ok. I like the green tabasco, the red is too hot, even a drop.

Cucumber Salad Sheldon General Cooking 0 23-05-2007 08:02 PM
Cucumber Salad Sheldon General Cooking 0 23-05-2007 08:01 PM
Cucumber Salad Ankur General Cooking 1 23-05-2007 07:54 PM
Cucumber Salad Ankur Recipes 0 23-05-2007 12:18 PM
cucumber salad the14thdisciple General Cooking 1 11-07-2004 12:52 AM