Posted to rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Wedding food

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:55:48 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>
>>Berkeley can be positively hot in the summer. Not unusual to have high
>>90s.
>>Usually the summer days are high 80s and the nights a very pleasant low
>>60s.
>>Being so close to the Bay you get pretty mild summers up there.

> Uh, this isn't the Berkeley I know. Those temps that you describe are
> rare... You sure you are talking about the same place?

<groan>

Yes we are and no they aren't. Half my family lives there and has for 34
years now. My mother has lived there since 76. I spent a whole summer
there once and we had a whole week of 90+ weather interspersed with upper
80s and some low 100s. It can also be cold as a witch's elbow. Summer
evenings were always so pleasant.

> I lived near enough there to know that it can be positively cool there
> many days. Or maybe in the 70s... Nights go down into the 50s...

There are many, many microclimates in the Bay Area.

Paul