Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Wedding food

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:14:07 -0400, "Cheryl" >
wrote:

> My trip to Berkeley is coming up quick! Question about the weather -- I
> notice from their wedding web page the current weather is cold (to me). I
> know we talked about this, but it's in the 60s and 70s! Bbbbbbbbbbrrrr lol
>
> Ok, so their menu looks a little fru fru to me.
>
> The Menu
> .Mixed Green Salad with Goat Cheese, Mixed Berries and Orange-Vanilla
> Vinaigrette
> .Tropical Orzo Pasta Salad
> .Mediterranean Couscous
> .Gypsy Recipe Vegetable Paella
> .Roasted Potato Salad
> .Chicken Breast with Mushroom Tarragon Cream Sauce
> .Herb-Brushed Roasted Tenderloin with Tarragon Pinot Noir Sauce
>
> The chef catering it is supposedly well known. No matter. I know we'll
> have a great time.

What did you order, or is this a buffet? The vegetable paella got my
attention so I looked it up. I don't know why they didn't make it
vegetarian and sub out the chicken stock with vegetable stock, but
here's a sample.

Roasted-Vegetable Paella
Southern Living, APRIL 2004
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...pe_id=60 5958

Makes 4 to 6 servings

Serve with a tossed salad or gazpacho.

3 cups chicken broth
1 1/4 teaspoons saffron threads
1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 pound zucchini, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
Lemon wedges (optional)

Bring chicken broth and saffron threads to a boil over medium-high
heat; reduce heat, and simmer mixture 20 minutes.

Toss together bell pepper strips, sliced zucchini, and 1 tablespoon
oil; place in an even layer in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
Sprinkle evenly with oregano and thyme.

Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender, stirring once.

Sauté onion, garlic, and jalapeño in remaining 1 tablespoon hot oil in
a large skillet over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes or until onion is
caramelized. Add tomatoes, and cook, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes
or until liquid is absorbed.

Add uncooked rice and chicken broth mixture to skillet; bring to a
boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes, stirring once
after 15 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and zucchini, and cook 5
minutes.

Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.