Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba[_2_] Goomba[_2_] is offline

Default Wedding food

Ranée at Arabian Knits wrote:

>> .Mixed Green Salad with Goat Cheese, Mixed Berries and Orange-Vanilla
>> Vinaigrette
>> .Tropical Orzo Pasta Salad

> What if people don't like fruity salads?

It isn't uncommon to have one basic salad at a function. No one *has* to
eat it. They can't always please everyone exactly but the selections are
usually tried and true and popular with the most folks.

>> .Mediterranean Couscous
>> .Gypsy Recipe Vegetable Paella
>> .Roasted Potato Salad
>> .Chicken Breast with Mushroom Tarragon Cream Sauce
>> .Herb-Brushed Roasted Tenderloin with Tarragon Pinot Noir Sauce

> I find it odd that they are using such similar flavors in all the
> dishes. Tarragon is something that enough people don't like, I'd think,
> that I wouldn't want it in both meat dishes. That's just me, though.

I suspect that those choosing the Vegetable Paella get the Couscous, and
the beef or chicken breast diners get the potato salad. These are
typical catered function type meals which hold their own when made and
held in ready for large seated meal gatherings. Have you ever received
a invitation where the RSVP card asked for you to tic off your meal
choice selection (beef, chicken or vegetarian)?