Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Jello or gelatine

Sycophant replied to George:

>> Jello shots used to be a favorite dessert before I screwed up my liver.

> Take lots of Milk Thistle.

http://www.edible-plants.com/milkthistle.html

Around the 16th Century this plant became quite popular and almost all parts
of it were eaten. The roots can be eaten raw or boiled and buttered or
par-boiled and roasted. The young shoots in spring can be cut down to the
root and boiled and buttered. The spiny bracts on the flower head were eaten
in the past like globe artichoke, and the stems (after peeling) can be
soaked overnight to remove bitterness and then stewed. The leaves can be
trimmed of prickles and boiled and make a good spinach substitute, they can
also be added raw to salads.

Bob