Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Jello or gelatine

"Dave Smith" wrote:

>Actually, I prefer it plain, or perhaps with sliced bananas
>in the Jello. I sometimes have it with ice cream, and I make my own
>ice cream. Jello is comfort food for me.

I'm not a big fan of whipped cream, I'll have it if someone offers and
occasionally I'll buy Redi-Wip for company but I really don't get the
big deal about sweetened cream just because it's all aerated. And
maybe it's because I grew up without whipped cream, with WWII
rationing there was no cream but there was plenty of evap... I prefer
my Jello drizzled generously with evap, I like chocolate pudding (only
the cooked kind and I love the skin that forms on top), cover the
pudding with evap. And to me there is no better way to eat vanilla
ice cream then coated with evap and waiting a minute for it to freeze
into a luscious creamy crust. For most of my life I drank coffee with
evap, but about twenty years ago I went black and never looked back.