Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default To knead or not to knead: the great bread debate

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:48:39 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> The no knead method I use works really well. I have my own sourdough
> starter and I use it in a no knead methodology and I get wonderful
> results.

These were the current fad, not sourdough starter.

> What happened when you tried those methods? What didn't work for you?

Basically they were too "heavy" when fully cooked. They looked and
acted great until eating time. Did the knock test, sounded good but
it wasn't. baked one batch using the covered dutch oven method and
the other batch directly on tile. Neither one was a do over AFAIWC.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.