Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: White Burg, pink Loire, and liver

On 6/9/10 10:47 AM, DaleW wrote:

> I was soloing for dinner, so it seemed a good time to have my once a
> year liver and onions. I opened the 2009 Baudtry Chinon rose. Some
> recent unenthusiastic CT notes, but this floats my boat. Strawberry
> fruit, but more mineral than fruit driven. Wet rocks, lemon zest,
> chalk. Good acids, food friendly, nice length. B+

Unenthusiastic CT notes?? Wow, '09 Baudry rosé has been lighting up the
winegeek "back up the truck" boards for weeks now. It got the coveted
(Good) Jay Miller three thumbs up, too, so you're in good company, Dale.
Actually, since there are no signs that it's going to make it out of
NY/NJ, I was just contemplating ordering some from a NYC retailer in the
hopes that someone (hint, hint) might hang onto it until shipping season
begins again.

Mark Lipton