Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: White Burg, pink Loire, and liver

Yesterday was "drop off the communal buys" day (I buy some wines that
are available in case lots and share at cost with some local friends),
at my last stop a friend offered me a glass of Chardonnay. It was the
2008 Henri Boillot Bourgogne Blanc. Big and rich style for basic
Bourgogne, sweet pear fruit overlaid with some vanillin oak, hazelnut,
and chalk. Enough acids to achieve balance. A bit fuller/heavier than
most Bourgognes I buy, I'll treat this more like a village Meursault
or Chassagne. I'd actually think a little time might be good for this,
but it has a plastic cork, so I'll drink my 3 bottles over next 2
years. B/B+

I was soloing for dinner, so it seemed a good time to have my once a
year liver and onions. I opened the 2009 Baudtry Chinon rose. Some
recent unenthusiastic CT notes, but this floats my boat. Strawberry
fruit, but more mineral than fruit driven. Wet rocks, lemon zest,
chalk. Good acids, food friendly, nice length. B+

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 6/9/10 10:47 AM, DaleW wrote:

> I was soloing for dinner, so it seemed a good time to have my once a
> year liver and onions. I opened the 2009 Baudtry Chinon rose. Some
> recent unenthusiastic CT notes, but this floats my boat. Strawberry
> fruit, but more mineral than fruit driven. Wet rocks, lemon zest,
> chalk. Good acids, food friendly, nice length. B+

Unenthusiastic CT notes?? Wow, '09 Baudry rosé has been lighting up the
winegeek "back up the truck" boards for weeks now. It got the coveted
(Good) Jay Miller three thumbs up, too, so you're in good company, Dale.
Actually, since there are no signs that it's going to make it out of
NY/NJ, I was just contemplating ordering some from a NYC retailer in the
hopes that someone (hint, hint) might hang onto it until shipping season
begins again.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 9, 3:51*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 6/9/10 10:47 AM, DaleW wrote:
>

> > I was soloing for dinner, so it seemed a good time to have my once a
> > year liver and onions. I opened the 2009 Baudtry Chinon rose. Some
> > recent unenthusiastic CT notes, but this floats my boat. Strawberry
> > fruit, but more mineral than fruit driven. Wet rocks, lemon zest,
> > chalk. Good acids, food friendly, nice length. B+

> Unenthusiastic CT notes?? Wow, '09 Baudry rosé has been lighting up the
> winegeek "back up the truck" boards for weeks now. *It got the coveted
> (Good) Jay Miller three thumbs up, too, so you're in good company, Dale.
> *Actually, since there are no signs that it's going to make it out of
> NY/NJ, I was just contemplating ordering some from a NYC retailer in the
> hopes that someone (hint, hint) might hang onto it until shipping season
> begins again.
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

There were a couple of early positive CT notes, but some so-so recent
notes from tasters I like/trust (Cliff R) or at least have some
correlation with (Loren Sokin),. etc.
If you want me to hold for you, just let me know -happy to do it and
ship in fall. But I'm sure CSW, Crush, Astor etc will hold for summer
( and that way you don't pay both tax and shipping).
cheers