Ed Rasimus

Default Message to Ed Rasimus regarding Bergstrom at Avalon

On 09 Jan 2004 05:03:02 GMT, (Xyzsch) wrote:

>>They have always been very "weather aware" for shipments. In cold
>>weather winter, they don't want to see your wine freeze overnight in a
>>UPS truck. In summer, they don't want it cooked. It really works to
>>buy in Spring and Fall. They've always been very good for me.

>Who is "they"? OPNC or Avalon? I've mentioned my reservations about OPNC
>shipping already. My shipment in November sat in the UPS warehouse overnight at
>- 9 F. My March shipment arrived in a blizzard, when the whole town shut down.

My comments about good service and weather consideration related to
Avalon. They've probably got the best selection of Oregon and
Washington wines you'll find online. Even if you don't buy, browsing
their web site is always informative.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"