dick

Default Bergstrom Pinot Noir Willamette Valley 2002

I have an opportunity to buy Bergstrom 2002 as shown above...basic
release....Willamette valley.

About $20 normally can get for under $15.

Is this wine as good as I hear. Anyone try this vintage at all?

Ed Rasimus

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:14:58 GMT, "dick" > wrote:

>I have an opportunity to buy Bergstrom 2002 as shown above...basic
>release....Willamette valley.
>
>About $20 normally can get for under $15.
>
>Is this wine as good as I hear. Anyone try this vintage at all?

I've dealt with these folks at Avalon several times and they are
reliable: http://www.northwest-wine.com/bergstrom-winery.html

They show a number of Bergstrom bottlings, but the one you're talking
about is probably the basic that Avalon has for the $19.99 price.
There's some Bergstrom comments on the page regarding the wine and
some notes from the Avalon folks. It looks from these comments as
though they like it better than the '01.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press
ISBN #1-58834-103-8
dick

Not Avalon, simply the Willamette Valley. I was looking at label online.
Its a private sales that shows $20.00 per bottle normal. 30% off, if I buy
a total of 3 cases of combined wines its a true 40%.

I remember you saying that Bergstrom was good. I can email you the private
sale info if interested.

"Ed Rasimus" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:14:58 GMT, "dick" > wrote:
>
> >I have an opportunity to buy Bergstrom 2002 as shown above...basic
> >release....Willamette valley.
> >
> >About $20 normally can get for under $15.
> >
> >Is this wine as good as I hear. Anyone try this vintage at all?
> >

> I've dealt with these folks at Avalon several times and they are
> reliable: http://www.northwest-wine.com/bergstrom-winery.html
>
> They show a number of Bergstrom bottlings, but the one you're talking
> about is probably the basic that Avalon has for the $19.99 price.
> There's some Bergstrom comments on the page regarding the wine and
> some notes from the Avalon folks. It looks from these comments as
> though they like it better than the '01.
>

> Ed Rasimus
> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> "When Thunder Rolled"
> Smithsonian Institution Press
> ISBN #1-58834-103-8

dick

You are correct. Read that wrong. It is the basic.

Thanks.

dick

"Ed Rasimus" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:14:58 GMT, "dick" > wrote:
>
> >I have an opportunity to buy Bergstrom 2002 as shown above...basic
> >release....Willamette valley.
> >
> >About $20 normally can get for under $15.
> >
> >Is this wine as good as I hear. Anyone try this vintage at all?
> >

> I've dealt with these folks at Avalon several times and they are
> reliable: http://www.northwest-wine.com/bergstrom-winery.html
>
> They show a number of Bergstrom bottlings, but the one you're talking
> about is probably the basic that Avalon has for the $19.99 price.
> There's some Bergstrom comments on the page regarding the wine and
> some notes from the Avalon folks. It looks from these comments as
> though they like it better than the '01.
>

> Ed Rasimus
> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> "When Thunder Rolled"
> Smithsonian Institution Press
> ISBN #1-58834-103-8

dick

Default Message to Ed Rasimus regarding Bergstrom at Avalon

Ed, thanks so much for the tip. The company I was planning to buy from was
running a sale. It was the http://www.oregonpinotnoir.com/ and his sale
started last night at 2 am EST. This morning when I went to place order he
had already completely sold out. It was an internet based sale. You got
20% off on cases, 30% if you had a special code and 40% off total order if
you bought an assorted 3 cases. Some of the stuff was great...but it was
limited like 3 bottles of this / that....

What he expected would last 5 days was gone in less than 5 hours.

Therefore I placed the order with Avalon and will receive in about 2 weeks.
Weather not good now.

8 Bergstroms 2002 Willamette VAlley
3 Bertstrom Cumberland
1 Patricia Green Balcomeb

Thanks for the site recomendation. They seemed nice and hopefully will
deliver. If not its on American Express and I have buyer protection.

I really wanted to try the Bergstroms...hope they are good!!!

"Ed Rasimus" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:14:58 GMT, "dick" > wrote:
>
> >I have an opportunity to buy Bergstrom 2002 as shown above...basic
> >release....Willamette valley.
> >
> >About $20 normally can get for under $15.
> >
> >Is this wine as good as I hear. Anyone try this vintage at all?
> >

> I've dealt with these folks at Avalon several times and they are
> reliable: http://www.northwest-wine.com/bergstrom-winery.html
>
> They show a number of Bergstrom bottlings, but the one you're talking
> about is probably the basic that Avalon has for the $19.99 price.
> There's some Bergstrom comments on the page regarding the wine and
> some notes from the Avalon folks. It looks from these comments as
> though they like it better than the '01.
>

> Ed Rasimus
> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> "When Thunder Rolled"
> Smithsonian Institution Press
> ISBN #1-58834-103-8

Ed Rasimus

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 23:51:31 GMT, "dick" > wrote:

>Ed, thanks so much for the tip. The company I was planning to buy from was
>running a sale. It was the http://www.oregonpinotnoir.com/ and his sale
>started last night at 2 am EST. This morning when I went to place order he
>had already completely sold out. It was an internet based sale. You got
>20% off on cases, 30% if you had a special code and 40% off total order if
>you bought an assorted 3 cases. Some of the stuff was great...but it was
>limited like 3 bottles of this / that....

I always joke about sales and rebates. If it isn't in stock, you can
sell it a lot cheaper. If you've got it, then you've got to charge a
bit more.

>What he expected would last 5 days was gone in less than 5 hours.
>
>Therefore I placed the order with Avalon and will receive in about 2 weeks.
>Weather not good now.
>
>8 Bergstroms 2002 Willamette VAlley
>3 Bertstrom Cumberland
>1 Patricia Green Balcomeb
>
>Thanks for the site recomendation. They seemed nice and hopefully will
>deliver. If not its on American Express and I have buyer protection.

They have always been very "weather aware" for shipments. In cold
weather winter, they don't want to see your wine freeze overnight in a
UPS truck. In summer, they don't want it cooked. It really works to
buy in Spring and Fall. They've always been very good for me.

>I really wanted to try the Bergstroms...hope they are good!!!

I really hate it when folks in the newsgroup tip me too a wine. It
always costs me money. Thanks, anyway. Will definitely try some.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press
ISBN #1-58834-103-8
dick

I thought you were the person the mentioned Bergstrom a ways back. Sorry.

I have heard about it but not found on East Coast.

Thanks anyway. At least you found someone selling at a fair price.

Have a good day.

"Ed Rasimus" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 23:51:31 GMT, "dick" > wrote:
>
> >Ed, thanks so much for the tip. The company I was planning to buy from

was
> >running a sale. It was the http://www.oregonpinotnoir.com/ and his sale
> >started last night at 2 am EST. This morning when I went to place order

he
> >had already completely sold out. It was an internet based sale. You got
> >20% off on cases, 30% if you had a special code and 40% off total order

if
> >you bought an assorted 3 cases. Some of the stuff was great...but it was
> >limited like 3 bottles of this / that....

> I always joke about sales and rebates. If it isn't in stock, you can
> sell it a lot cheaper. If you've got it, then you've got to charge a
> bit more.
> >
> >What he expected would last 5 days was gone in less than 5 hours.
> >
> >Therefore I placed the order with Avalon and will receive in about 2

weeks.
> >Weather not good now.
> >
> >8 Bergstroms 2002 Willamette VAlley
> >3 Bertstrom Cumberland
> >1 Patricia Green Balcomeb
> >
> >Thanks for the site recomendation. They seemed nice and hopefully will
> >deliver. If not its on American Express and I have buyer protection.

> They have always been very "weather aware" for shipments. In cold
> weather winter, they don't want to see your wine freeze overnight in a
> UPS truck. In summer, they don't want it cooked. It really works to
> buy in Spring and Fall. They've always been very good for me.
> >
> >I really wanted to try the Bergstroms...hope they are good!!!
> >

> I really hate it when folks in the newsgroup tip me too a wine. It
> always costs me money. Thanks, anyway. Will definitely try some.
>

> Ed Rasimus
> Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
> "When Thunder Rolled"
> Smithsonian Institution Press
> ISBN #1-58834-103-8

Xyzsch

>They have always been very "weather aware" for shipments. In cold
>weather winter, they don't want to see your wine freeze overnight in a
>UPS truck. In summer, they don't want it cooked. It really works to
>buy in Spring and Fall. They've always been very good for me.

Who is "they"? OPNC or Avalon? I've mentioned my reservations about OPNC
shipping already. My shipment in November sat in the UPS warehouse overnight at
- 9 F. My March shipment arrived in a blizzard, when the whole town shut down.

In spite of their calalier attitude toward shipping, they are a good outfit,
and I was able to order six bottles of Pinot Noir with 30% discount 12:30
Thursday morning (Mountain time). Whether everything is out now, I do not know.

Tom Schellberg
dick

Tom, that sale had some great items but mostly 3-6 bottles max on any one
item. He sold out much faster then he had planned.

Not a bad problem for a wine retailer.

I have ordered from him before and never had problems with shipments. Once
however Fed Ex had a problem and the wine sat and may have froze and they
took care and replaced wine.

I did order from Avalon at non sale prices to try some items that I had not
seen on east coast that I had heard good things about. Would have bought 3
cs. on OPNY to get 40% deal but could not buy enough as all was gone so
fast.

dick