dick

Default Message to Ed Rasimus regarding Bergstrom at Avalon

Tom, that sale had some great items but mostly 3-6 bottles max on any one
item. He sold out much faster then he had planned.

Not a bad problem for a wine retailer.

I have ordered from him before and never had problems with shipments. Once
however Fed Ex had a problem and the wine sat and may have froze and they
took care and replaced wine.

I did order from Avalon at non sale prices to try some items that I had not
seen on east coast that I had heard good things about. Would have bought 3
cs. on OPNY to get 40% deal but could not buy enough as all was gone so
fast.

dick

"Xyzsch" > wrote in message
> >They have always been very "weather aware" for shipments. In cold
> >weather winter, they don't want to see your wine freeze overnight in a
> >UPS truck. In summer, they don't want it cooked. It really works to
> >buy in Spring and Fall. They've always been very good for me.

> Who is "they"? OPNC or Avalon? I've mentioned my reservations about OPNC
> shipping already. My shipment in November sat in the UPS warehouse

overnight at
> - 9 F. My March shipment arrived in a blizzard, when the whole town shut

down.

> In spite of their calalier attitude toward shipping, they are a good

outfit,
> and I was able to order six bottles of Pinot Noir with 30% discount 12:30
> Thursday morning (Mountain time). Whether everything is out now, I do not

know.