Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_14_] Jeßus[_14_] is offline

Default Foods to help insomnia, and foods to avoid

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 07:30:19 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:59:28 +1000, Jeßus wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 22:44:18 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>When I was low-carbing, I couldn't sleep unless I ate some carbs..
>>>Sometimes a couple-few tablespoons of metamucil or plain psyllium
>>>husk worked, but give me two pieces of generic white bread and my
>>>eyes would start to water and this warm, satisfied feeling came
>>>over me and it was lights out.

>> And that is the problem with refined carbs - they have that effect and
>> thus become so very, very addictive. Hence the legions of obese and
>> diabetic people in the west.

>Oh, so you're turning this into a US bashing thread.

"The term Western countries (sometimes the West or the Occident) is
somewhat imprecisely defined - derived from the old dualism of East
(Asia) and West (Europe) - now used to refer to wealthy and
industrialised countries, as the inheritants of European societies,
and their colonial legacies. The term is sometimes used as a synonym
for the Western societies.

Depending on context, the Western countries may be restricted to the
founding members of NATO in addition to Germany, Spain, and the
non-aligned Austria, Finland, Sweden and Switzerland. A broader
definition might extend to Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea,
the Republic of China (Taiwan), Israel and some of the more prosperous
Warsaw Pact states."

http://www.fact-index.com/w/we/western_countries.html