Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default Source for coconut oil - nothing online seems better than local Whole Foods

A friend, who is a cooking school graduate, told me when she was
experimenting a lot with coconut oil in recipes for her diabetic
daughter, she would buy it online in quantity. I cannot find a less
expensive source of extra-virgin, organic coconut oil than what I get at
my local Whole Foods Market, which a 14 fl. oz. jar (414 ml), that I'm
guessing weighs about a pound, costs $6.99. Even buying the stuff in
quantity online doesn't seem less expensive.

Anyone else a big coconut oil fan and care to share an online source?

FWIW, we have read about the health benefits of coconut oil and I've
been eating a few tablespoons of the stuff every day for the last year
or so - has worked very well for me, and it was the first winter I can
remember during which I didn't get a cold.

-S-