Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Fly Preference

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 18:35:50 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Sqwertz > wrote:

> >> I'd see a doctor about that.
> >>
> >> You haven't cooked any beef lately, so that is not pertinent to
> >> what I just asked.
> >>
> >> -sw

> > That's just because you don't get it...

> Oh, that ain't the bee's knees.
> >
> > Have you ALWAYS had a fly problem when cooking beef or has it just been
> > recently? If the latter, than my answer was pertinent.

> Apparently not as I only singled out beef and excluded chicken and
> pork and anything else. It was obvious that I've made this
> observation over a period of time.
>
> -sw

It wasn't that obvious at all babe...

But in answer to your question, there is a reason that I've always
preferred to do home slaughtering in the winter or early spring. Red
meat (deer and emu, never done a cow) do seem to attract more flies than
smaller game. I think it's that it tends to be a bit bloodier.

Frankly, I'm surprised the smoke does not keep the flies away.

But, do try drowning traps. They might help.
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine