Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nan[_3_] Nan[_3_] is offline

Default Escolar

We have white tuna or escolar on a sashimi platter often at out
favorite sushi joint. Neither my hubby nor I have ever had any
problems. It is about 5 pieces 1/3" thich by 2" X 4". The flavor is
so delicate and good, if it doesn't bother you, it will become a
favorite. Now in larger quantities, I have no idea, and your gut and
what it will tolerate is unique to you. You could try an ala carte
serving of white tuna at a sushi place and see what happens. Our place
serves 2 slices the size mentioned above for it's ala carte white
tuna. Good Luck. Nan in DE