Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default Weber charcoal grill replacement/repair parts?

On May 23, 7:15*pm, "Zeppo" > wrote:
> > I used to use a Smokey Joe for years. Yeah, mine had the real wood
> > handle too. And it had adjustable louvers top and bottom just like the
> > bigger Weber kettles, but unlike this full sized one the Smokey Joe
> > louver adjustment was outside the kettle wall metal. Made a whole lot
> > better send to me too than the "ash sweeper" adjuster on this full
> > sized kettle.

> > John Kuthe...

> I have one the kids got me for my birthday last year that I only used once,
> without much success. I couldn't keep the charcoal burning long enough to
> grill a couple of strip steaks. I meant to do some research to figure out
> what I was doing wrong but never got to it. It's just easier to fire up the
> gas Weber.
>
> Jon

Did you have the bottom vents closed? I'm assuming for strip steaks
you'd have the lid off the Smokey Joe for grilling them. But
still...maybe it was the charcoal.

OBCooking/Food: I just had some of the ribs I'd cooked using my too-
hot Weber with wide open bottom vents/louvers and they ROCK! Too much
garlic, if there is such a thing though. Just before removing from the
Weber I dribble-basted them with bourbon and let the alcohol cook off
before putting the ribs in a foil pan, covering with some BBQ sauce
thinned with a little wine (to rinse out the BBQ sauce bottle), and
then minced too much garlic on them, covered and baked at 275 for 1.5
hours. Mmmmmmmm!!!! :-)

John Kuthe...