Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
[email protected] doublesb@hotmail.com is offline

Default Bottled red wine

Micheal,

Racking is the best way to age a wine. The oxygen added when bottling
obviously helped. You also may of had CO2 that blew off on the
racking. After 12 years of winemaking I have noticed that it's almost
easier to suffocate a wine then to add to much oxygen. If you don't
rack enough the wine will not degas and will not age correctly.