Angel

Default newbie, altitude cooking

Hey! That post was answering me, Old Bear! Talk about a
flashback.

I did get the High Altitude Cookbook referenced below, and it came in
handy with a LOT of things. On the other hand, I found a lot of their
meat recipes to be very drying, and had to adapt (adding water, broth,
etc.)

One tip I *just* learned ... don't use air-insulated cookie sheets as
they make all the gooey bits melt too fast.

Alia - enjoy your adventures in high-altitude cooking. Everything
works pretty much the same except for baking and boiling. I do my
beans in a crockpot for about 14 hrs total & they come out great (2 on
high, 10-12 on low, soaked for about 12 hrs before cooking).

Angel

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 15:14:42 -0500,
(The Old Bear) wrote:

>Alia:
>
>Some of the best answers are recycled... here is a post which I made
>to this newsgroup in answer to a similar question about a year ago:

>Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
>From:
(The Old Bear)