Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Airline chicken

On May 16, 7:48 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
[snip]
> According to the National Chicken Council "The term "airline chicken breast"
> first became popular in the 1960s when major commercial airlines included
> full service meals on air flights that were of sufficient length/time to
> serve such meals. Airlines required a relatively small breast portion for a
> number of reasons and kept part of the wing on .... [snip]

When I carve a roast chicken I sometimes do this. Once I served it to
a friend who had never seen it and she exclaimed, "Cool! How did you
attach the wing to the breast?!" Anatomical discussion followed. It
was fun but I was once again surprised at how unconnected some people
are from the food they eat. -aem