Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Fred C. Dobbs[_3_] Fred C. Dobbs[_3_] is offline

Default No Milk (Was: Harnessing the sun to keep milk fresh : A storyfrom Goa)

On 5/6/2010 10:17 AM, Sidney Lambe wrote:
> On alt.food.vegan, > wrote:

>>> Who needs cheese? Why do supposed plant product eaters try to emulate
>>> animal product eaters?

>> Would you want this be answered by Dr Jai Maharaj?
>>
>>> Tofu cheese is gross. It is disgusting. It isn't even cheese.
>>>
>>> There are _much_ better things to do with tofu.

>>> Why should he answer stupid questions like that?

>> I did ask him several times what doctorate he received from what
>> university in what year with what name?
>> He has remained quiet.
>>
>> To the question "how Rural economy of India can be sustained without
>> any animal husbandry?" he needs to reply because he claims to be an
>> Engineer trained at India's premier Institue of Technology at Delhi
>> which was established primarily to improve the lot of Indian people
>> most of whom live in rural regions of which 60% have no land and so
>> are not farmers but do keep a cow, a buffalo, a goat, to provide them
>> with some protein.

> You can't keep goats or cows or buffalos without land. Do you
> have any idea how much plant material they consume?

Ruminants convert plants that are indigestible by humans into foods that
humans can consume.

> How about howmuch water a cow or buffalo consumes?

How about it?

> If they can keep a goat or
> cow or buffalo they can use the land that supports those animals
> for farming/gardening instead

But they don't want to eat only vegetable matter. They want animal
protein as well.

> How about how much water a cow
> consumes, which would be much more advantageous.

The water goes to its highest valued use. Obviously, people have strong
enough wants for animal protein that some water is most highly valued
when used to raise livestock animals.

>>> No one needs to
>>> engage in animal husbandry anywhere. They are farmers. They can
>>> grow anything. There are hundreds of commercial crops to choose
>>> from.

>> There are lands in India which cannot be cultivated and cultivation
>> activity needs reducing to keep, reintroduce vegitation cover on the
>> land for getting back to climate that is contrubuting less to global
>> warming.

> You do not need to cultivate land to grow crops on it.
> Google "no-till farming".

There is a lot of land that is uneconomic to produce any
human-digestible crops, but that can be economically used for grazing of
animals.

> And so what if there are lands that can't be farmed? There are
> plenty that can. Duh.

Then there's enough land for multiple uses.

> Your stupidity and ignorance are getting to me.

Yours are staggering. More to the point, you *cultivate* your ignorance
and stupidity - you work at it. Why is that?

>>> Better yet, they can use their land to support themselves
>>> directly, growing grains and legumes and veggies and oilseeds
>>> and nut and fruit trees and sugar plants and fiber plants and
>>> so on. They can make their own energy from plant sources:
>>> methane/alcohol/woodgas....
>>>
>>> Milk is for babies. Cow's milk is for cow babies. Buffalo milk
>>> is for buffalo babies. =A0This is what a REAL scientist would
>>> conclude after examining the evidence. Of course, common sense
>>> will do the job just as well.

>> If what you are saying gets established there is no need for milking
>> animals, is there?

> Duh.
>
> One more stupid post like this and I am going to killfile you.
> Think and do your homework or keep your mouth shut.
>
> As for whether that fellow is really a doctor or not is irrelevance.
> That line of inquiry is a waste of time and amounts to nothing
> but a personal attack.
>
> You judge a person on the Usenet by the quality of their posts.

Jay Stevens' posts are shit. So are yours.