Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Sidney Lambe[_2_] Sidney Lambe[_2_] is offline

Default No Milk (Was: Harnessing the sun to keep milk fresh : A story from Goa)

On alt.food.vegan, Romanise > wrote:

>> Who needs cheese? Why do supposed plant product eaters try to emulate
>> animal product eaters?

> Would you want this be answered by Dr Jai Maharaj?
>
>> Tofu cheese is gross. It is disgusting. It isn't even cheese.
>>
>> There are _much_ better things to do with tofu.

>> > Tell us how Rural economy of India can be sustained without any
>> > animal husbandary?

>> Why should he answer stupid questions like that?

> I did ask him several times what doctorate he received from what
> university in what year with what name?
> He has remained quiet.
>
> To the question "how Rural economy of India can be sustained without
> any animal husbandry?" he needs to reply because he claims to be an
> Engineer trained at India's premier Institue of Technology at Delhi
> which was established primarily to improve the lot of Indian people
> most of whom live in rural regions of which 60% have no land and so
> are not farmers but do keep a cow, a buffalo, a goat, to provide them
> with some protein.

You can't keep goats or cows or buffalos without land. Do you
have any idea how much plant material they consume? How about how
much water a cow or buffalo consumes? If they can keep a goat or
cow or buffalo they can use the land that supports those animals
for farming/gardening instead How about how much water a cow
consumes, which would be much more advantageous.

>> No one needs to
>> engage in animal husbandry anywhere. They are farmers. They can
>> grow anything. There are hundreds of commercial crops to choose
>> from.

> There are lands in India which cannot be cultivated and cultivation
> activity needs reducing to keep, reintroduce vegitation cover on the
> land for getting back to climate that is contrubuting less to global
> warming.

You do not need to cultivate land to grow crops on it.
Google "no-till farming".

And so what if there are lands that can't be farmed? There are
plenty that can. Duh.

Your stupidity and ignorance are getting to me.

>> Better yet, they can use their land to support themselves
>> directly, growing grains and legumes and veggies and oilseeds
>> and nut and fruit trees and sugar plants and fiber plants and
>> so on. They can make their own energy from plant sources:
>> methane/alcohol/woodgas....
>>
>> Milk is for babies. Cow's milk is for cow babies. Buffalo milk
>> is for buffalo babies. =A0This is what a REAL scientist would
>> conclude after examining the evidence. Of course, common sense
>> will do the job just as well.

> If what you are saying gets established there is no need for milking
> animals, is there?

Duh.

One more stupid post like this and I am going to killfile you.
Think and do your homework or keep your mouth shut.

As for whether that fellow is really a doctor or not is irrelevance.
That line of inquiry is a waste of time and amounts to nothing
but a personal attack.

You judge a person on the Usenet by the quality of their posts.

Sid