Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_4_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_4_] is offline

Default San Diego Eateries?

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:29:22 -0700, "Steve B"
> wrote:

>You know, I may check with them and see if he dates are open. We have some
>nice friends in Bonsall, and could make a ten day trip out of it.

If you're up for a fairly inexpensive and kitchy place to stay,
there's a B&B adjacent to Balboa Park and the zoo called "The Balboa
Park Inn." It has a number of "theme" rooms that are fun - like
"Tara," which sports a big painting of Scarlet O'Hara and is decorated
accordingly. "The Beach House" has dozens of plastic fish hanging from
the ceiling in the bathroom that is just hilarious. Some of them have
full kitchens, as they're converted apartments. It's also an easy
stroll to the zoo and the wonderful, wonderful Balboa Park facility.

http://www.balboaparkinn.com/

Head in the opposite direction down Park and you'll find a restaurant
called the Gulf Coast Grill that has great cajun seafood.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"