Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Need Help With Diabetic Cheesecake Recipe

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> I've got to make one for Sunday and I've read a gozillion recipes this
> morning and I'm more confused than before I started looking. I'm
> seeing stuff like gelatin, non-dairy whipped topping, cottage and
> ricotta cheese and other stuff I don't want to use. I'd like to use a
> 6 1/2 inch springform but can use a 10" if needed. I could also use a
> 10" tart pan for something more like bar thickness. I'm open to any
> presentation as the only object is to let the 95 year old lady have
> something she's been asking for.
>
> I'm open to any tried and true ideas. I'm not a big baker and I know
> nothing about diabetic cooking.
>
> TIA
>
> Lou

I think Splenda makes a product suitable for 1:1 substitution for sugar.
http://www.splenda.com/
Maybe that would work, especially if you have a small recipe that won't
require a lot of the product.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller