Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin[_3_] Lin[_3_] is offline

Default Need Help With Diabetic Cheesecake Recipe

Dan Abel wrote:

> My father is 94, and a diagnosed diabetic, but it
> was never severe, and with as little as he weighs now, he just needs to
> avoid too much dessert, but otherwise can eat whatever he wants.

Wow! 94 and sounds like he's still going strong!!! That's pretty cool.
Does he have any secrets to his longevity?

My grandmother is 92, and my great-grandfather was 94 when he died, so
I've got long-life-lines on my mom's side of the family. Great granddad
was a notorious flirt at the nursing home and the nurses were constantly
coming across little bottles of whiskey that they would confiscate. He
must have had some inside help, because he wasn't getting out! I say let
the old guy have what he wants.

Congrats on your father. I hope you all get to celebrate the century marker.

--Lin