Andrew Smith

Default another champagne question

In article >, (Timote) wrote:

> ok- I came away from a party with 10 bottles of champagne. no complaints
> there.
>
> but- since this was all chilled, is it ok to let some of the bottes warm
> room temperature, as the ol' fridge is a bit full right now?
>
> thanks for the advice!

Depends where you are and what the ambient temperature is - we had a bottle of Cremant de Bourgogne on Sunday that was at room temperature
(late Autumn in England is chilly, but certainly not cold), and it was absolutely delicious.

My father-in-law had been talking about chilling the flavour out of champagne, so it can be used as a trick if you're serving something less than great.

Then again, ice cold champagne on a Summer afternoon (preferably with strawberries) is absolutely wonderful...

Cheers,
Andrew