Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Poached Salmon

cybercat wrote on Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:42:04 -0400:

> "Giusi" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Zeppo" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>
>>> Rats, I just thought of something. Do I need to d-bone the
>>> fish, or at least remove the backbone, before I poach it? If
>>> I don't will bones be an issue when I serve it?

>> No, don't. When it is done you may remove the spine and ribs
>> very carefully if you feel confident, but it may end up
>> looking horrid if you do. Surely people know salmon has
>> bones you need to avoid?

I'm afraid that I am among those people who dislike having to disect
salmon to remove bones. That should be done by the server, IMHO. I'm not
enthusiastic about fat and salmon skin either. Don't bother telling me
that Salmon skin rolls are acceptable sushi, not for me!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland