Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou decruss Lou decruss is offline

Default Perfect brownie pan

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:21:58 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> "Brian Christiansen" > wrote:
>
>> Every time I see this commercial: https://www.perfectbrownie.com/, I have to
>> wonder what they used to cut up the the brownies into the big mess that is
>> shown in the beginning of the commercial. An axe? A chainsaw? Dynomite? I
>> have made a lot of brownies over the years, both from mixes and from
>> "scratch," and haven't made that kind of a mess.
>>
>> Even difficulty getting the first one out can easily be solved by lining
>> the pan with parchament paper, not a difficult operation. The brownies can
>> be taken out of the pan before cutting so that even getting the first one
>> out is no problem. One of those baking pans that are made of silicone might
>> also work, I don't know as I have never used one.
>>
>> Brian Christiansen

>Lining the baking pan with parchment has been part of my brownie recipe
>since I first published it. I use parchment for lots of things,
>including under a meatloaf in its baking pan.

I'm not much of a baker but parchment sure helps me fake it. I make
the King Arthur flour onion roll recipe and use parchment and they
turn out beautiful.

America's Test Kitchen did an Almost No-Knead bread that was baked in
a preheated dutch oven. They used parchment as a sling and it looked
like a pretty slick method.

Lou