Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Perfect brownie pan

Every time I see this commercial: https://www.perfectbrownie.com/, I have to
wonder what they used to cut up the the brownies into the big mess that is
shown in the beginning of the commercial. An axe? A chainsaw? Dynomite? I
have made a lot of brownies over the years, both from mixes and from
"scratch," and haven't made that kind of a mess.

Even difficulty getting the first one out can easily be solved by lining
the pan with parchament paper, not a difficult operation. The brownies can
be taken out of the pan before cutting so that even getting the first one
out is no problem. One of those baking pans that are made of silicone might
also work, I don't know as I have never used one.

Brian Christiansen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Brian Christiansen" > wrote:

> Every time I see this commercial: https://www.perfectbrownie.com/, I have to
> wonder what they used to cut up the the brownies into the big mess that is
> shown in the beginning of the commercial. An axe? A chainsaw? Dynomite? I
> have made a lot of brownies over the years, both from mixes and from
> "scratch," and haven't made that kind of a mess.
>
> Even difficulty getting the first one out can easily be solved by lining
> the pan with parchament paper, not a difficult operation. The brownies can
> be taken out of the pan before cutting so that even getting the first one
> out is no problem. One of those baking pans that are made of silicone might
> also work, I don't know as I have never used one.
>
> Brian Christiansen

Lining the baking pan with parchment has been part of my brownie recipe
since I first published it. I use parchment for lots of things,
including under a meatloaf in its baking pan.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 23:18:34 -0700, Brian Christiansen wrote:

> Every time I see this commercial: https://www.perfectbrownie.com/, I have to
> wonder what they used to cut up the the brownies into the big mess that is
> shown in the beginning of the commercial. An axe? A chainsaw? Dynomite? I
> have made a lot of brownies over the years, both from mixes and from
> "scratch," and haven't made that kind of a mess.
>
> Even difficulty getting the first one out can easily be solved by lining
> the pan with parchament paper, not a difficult operation. The brownies can
> be taken out of the pan before cutting so that even getting the first one
> out is no problem. One of those baking pans that are made of silicone might
> also work, I don't know as I have never used one.
>
> Brian Christiansen

all those kitchen doodad ads feature people that look like they've never
tried the task at hand, or even heard about it being properly done
somewhere. they then sport looks of such abject despair that i'd be afraid
of them slitting their wrists if i didn't know they'd botch that, too.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:21:58 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> "Brian Christiansen" > wrote:
>
>> Every time I see this commercial: https://www.perfectbrownie.com/, I have to
>> wonder what they used to cut up the the brownies into the big mess that is
>> shown in the beginning of the commercial. An axe? A chainsaw? Dynomite? I
>> have made a lot of brownies over the years, both from mixes and from
>> "scratch," and haven't made that kind of a mess.
>>
>> Even difficulty getting the first one out can easily be solved by lining
>> the pan with parchament paper, not a difficult operation. The brownies can
>> be taken out of the pan before cutting so that even getting the first one
>> out is no problem. One of those baking pans that are made of silicone might
>> also work, I don't know as I have never used one.
>>
>> Brian Christiansen

>Lining the baking pan with parchment has been part of my brownie recipe
>since I first published it. I use parchment for lots of things,
>including under a meatloaf in its baking pan.

I'm not much of a baker but parchment sure helps me fake it. I make
the King Arthur flour onion roll recipe and use parchment and they
turn out beautiful.

America's Test Kitchen did an Almost No-Knead bread that was baked in
a preheated dutch oven. They used parchment as a sling and it looked
like a pretty slick method.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message

> all those kitchen doodad ads feature people that look like they've never
> tried the task at hand, or even heard about it being properly done
> somewhere. they then sport looks of such abject despair that i'd be
> afraid
> of them slitting their wrists if i didn't know they'd botch that, too.

I have no objection to kitchen doodads if they actually make the task at
hand easier, but this just looks like more stuff to lose without offering
any real advantage. In fact, it looking up the commercial on-line, I ran
across some reviews of the pan and it said that the pan had to be lined with
foil or parchement paper anyway to prevent leakage anyway. Another said if
you are determined to try one, to buy it at the "as seen on TV" aisle at
Target or that evil place whose name begins with W to save the shipping
charges.

Brian Christiansen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brian Christiansen wrote:

> Every time I see this commercial: https://www.perfectbrownie.com/, I have to
> wonder what they used to cut up the the brownies into the big mess that is
> shown in the beginning of the commercial. An axe? A chainsaw? Dynomite? I
> have made a lot of brownies over the years, both from mixes and from
> "scratch," and haven't made that kind of a mess.
>
> Even difficulty getting the first one out can easily be solved by lining
> the pan with parchament paper, not a difficult operation. The brownies can
> be taken out of the pan before cutting so that even getting the first one
> out is no problem. One of those baking pans that are made of silicone might
> also work, I don't know as I have never used one.
>
> Brian Christiansen

Simply buttering and flouring the pan works fine for me. Made a pan of
brownies last week and they came out without needing to be tasered
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 2:18*am, "Brian Christiansen"
> wrote:
> Every time I see this commercial:https://www.perfectbrownie.com/, I have to
> wonder what they used to cut up the the brownies into the big mess that is
> shown in the beginning of the commercial. *An axe? A chainsaw? Dynomite? *I
> have made a lot of brownies over the years, both from mixes and from
> "scratch," and haven't made that kind of a mess.
>
> Even difficulty *getting the first one out can easily be solved by lining
> the pan with parchament paper, not a difficult operation. *The brownies can
> be taken out of the pan before cutting so that even getting the first one
> out is no problem. *One of those baking pans that are made of silicone might
> also work, I don't know as I have never used one.
>
> Brian Christiansen

I saw that gizmo and wondered if the brownies would "stick" to the
grid just like they would the sides of a regular pan! Not much of a
solution for SUCH a tricky problem (sarcasm intended).

Some people will buy anything...

But maybe they could later use it to make really big ice cubes, as it
looks like an old-style ice cube tray.

Kris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> Simply buttering and flouring the pan works fine for me. Made a pan of
>> brownies last week and they came out without needing to be tasered
>>

> Agreed, although after buttering I usually dust with powdered cocoa instead
> of flour, also for chocolate cakes.
>
> I really wouldn't want one of those divided pans, and quite possibly, it
> might make it more difficult to get the brownies out. If I really had a
> problem, I'd opt for a pan with removable bottom.

I always have trouble with brownies sticking in the pan. I greased it
with butter and then tossed some flour in. The sides would be okay by
the bottoms would stick. It is not a major problem because I can always
cut them into squares and take them out individually. However, the last
time I made them, about a week ago, I lined the pan with parchment
paper. That worked great.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Mon 15 Mar 2010 06:01:56p, Arri London told us...
>

> > Brian Christiansen wrote:
> >>
> >> Every time I see this commercial: https://www.perfectbrownie.com/, I
> >> have to wonder what they used to cut up the the brownies into the big
> >> mess that is shown in the beginning of the commercial. An axe? A
> >> chainsaw? Dynomite? I have made a lot of brownies over the years, both
> >> from mixes and from "scratch," and haven't made that kind of a mess.
> >>
> >> Even difficulty getting the first one out can easily be solved by
> >> lining the pan with parchament paper, not a difficult operation. The
> >> brownies can be taken out of the pan before cutting so that even
> >> getting the first one out is no problem. One of those baking pans that
> >> are made of silicone might also work, I don't know as I have never used
> >> one.
> >>
> >> Brian Christiansen

> > Simply buttering and flouring the pan works fine for me. Made a pan of
> > brownies last week and they came out without needing to be tasered
> >

> Agreed, although after buttering I usually dust with powdered cocoa instead
> of flour, also for chocolate cakes.

That too, but the flour was still on the counter. The cocoa was back on
the shelf. Sugar works too for some cakes.

> I really wouldn't want one of those divided pans, and quite possibly, it
> might make it more difficult to get the brownies out. If I really had a
> problem, I'd opt for a pan with removable bottom.

That works too of course.