Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve B[_7_] Steve B[_7_] is offline

Default Grilled rainbow trout

I am on a new health kick after my latest hospitalization scared the
bejeebers out of me.

I dug into my "stuff" and found a wire folding apparatus to put fish in,
fold over, put the slider on the two handles, and grill fish over flame, and
not have it fall all over. The wire parts that grasp the fish are about 16"
square. Handles about 2' long. Hinged.

I was reluctant to use it on trout, as they are very fragile. In fact, I
have NEVER used it.

I laid them on one half of the wire basket, put some garlic pepper on them,
and some lemon juice, then grilled 12 minutes a side. I added some lemon
juice along the way.

On skewers, I did some shrimp on bamboo skewers with a very good local
raspberry salsa.

The trout came out scrumptious. Nice tasty brown skin, and flaky to
perfection. Nice smoky taste. The raspberry salsa shrimp was good, but I
would have liked it a little stickier, and the salsa doesn't have the
consistency I was looking for. Maybe next time, I'll jazz it up with some
corn starch or arrowroot.

I'm going to be doing a lot of trout like this. I used to like to wok fish,
using steam. Kept it together, and always came out flaky. Healthier than
frying, too. Ahhhhh. Time to go fishing. Weather is getting warmer, and I
know where the trout are.

Steve