Posted to alt.food.wine
Graham Graham is offline

Default TN Haut-Brion 1970, Rauenthaler Baiken Auslese 1971, Farnum Hill Summer Cider(sparkling)

"cwdjrxyz" > wrote in message
> This was a quite decent cider. There is no mention of how the fairly
> light sparkle was obtained - most likely from added CO2. However the
> bubbles were small and slowly released. The color was very light
> yellow. The cider is made from a mixture of classic cider apples
> native to Europe and the US rather than the cheapest apples that can
> be found. The bouquet is of very intense apple skin - by far more
> intense than most apples sold in stores. The cider is fairly dry.
> There is a clean apple taste, but the intense apple bouquet is the
> most remarkable feature. This cider might go well with pork or perhaps
> a traditional US Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.

You are fortunate to be able to get a cider made from proper cider apples.
On this side of the pond, most seems to be made from dessert apples and is
never really dry. There is a prize-winning cider maker a couple of miles
from the English village where I was raised and I often think about bringing
some back with me but that would interfere with my wine purchases.
Cider does go well with pork, after all apple sauce is a traditional
accompaniment. It also goes well with many curry dishes.
Graham