Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN Haut-Brion 1970, Rauenthaler Baiken Auslese 1971, Farnum HillSummer Cider(sparkling)

On Mar 11, 1:25*am, cwdjrxyz > wrote:

> Chateau Haut-Brion 1970 is holding well and likely will last at least
> several more years. I read some reports several years ago that
> suggested it needed drinking soon. I can only conclude that there is
> more than usual bottle variation, or some of the wine was poorly
> stored.

I think the 70 HB is probably fine for quite a few more years, based
on last taste several years ago.
But there's a 3rd possibility besides bottle variation and storage
issues - personal taste. I like really mature wines, so I have a
tendency to like/love bottles that some others regard as in decline
(or fully dead!). Forget 1970s, there are plenty of people who will
declare that the vast majority of 1979s, 1983s, and 1985s are past it.
Doesn't make them wrong, just "different"