Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Polish Sausages, Authentic Recipes And Instructions

In article >,
"Nonny" > wrote:

> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> > Nonny wrote:
> >
> >> For a party, we'll get a tube of Liverwurst or Braunschwager
> >> <sp?>
> >> and use it to make a cheese-type ball. The first reaction from
> >> the pickier folk is to turn their noses up, but the ball always
> >> seems to be consumed. . . by someone. <grin>

> > Thanks for the recipe. Heck, I'll get a 'tube' of
> > braunschwieger, cut it open, and eat it with triskets.
> >
> > I love liver sausage.

> What do you use to differentiate between liverwurst and
> braunshauger? I almost consider them interchangeable. The only
> difference I've seen is that the braunshauger has more pig snout
> to congeal the mix. What have your found?

Hey Nonny,

Thanks for the idea! Pig snouts are not available around here except as
dog chews. I was wondering how to improve my liverwurst. While the
flavor is fantastic, the texture is not right, even thru my finest
grinder plate.

I can get calves feet and have pressure cooked those to make calves foot
jelly for dad. I wonder if making those up and adding them to the ground
liver would work? Those or cooked pigs feet? I can debone either one
and cook the stock/jell down, chill it and grind it along with the
liver. I'd just have to either play with the proportions or leave the
jelled liquid totally out and use it as stock unless I also pre-cooked
the liver and just served it cold.

Hmmmm....... literally food for thought. <g>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe: