Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Dietary Question

Virginia Tadrzynski > wrote:

> How many here have some form of food restriction diet? I was
> diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a number of years ago and was
> given a regimen to follow.......harder than it looks/sounds. If
> you have a condition/diet how do you do it? Just curious,
> as it seems like a never ending attempt to do something only
> to fail badly at it.

I am on a gout diet, and a mildly restrictive cholesterol diet.
Overall it is not too restrictive; I limit meat/fowl/fish,, and in a
relative sense limit whole grains and legumes while accenturating dairy
and eggs. It also is a total calorie restrictive diet, because
with fewer total calories you limit the purines you are trying to
avoid for gout.

Overall it is a success so far.

Steve