Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_8_] Joseph Coulter[_8_] is offline

Default 1992 Kristone CA

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:29:48 -0800 (PST), DaleW >
wrote:

>On Feb 23, 9:30*am, Joseph Coulter > wrote:
>> OK who knows my tastes and thinks I bought this?
>>
>> Friends gave up on alcohol so they were gracious enough to share their
>> treasures. Provenance most likely the kitchen cupboard. chlled for a
>> few months now for some reason unkown to me. We cleaned out the fridge
>> this morning so I thought, why not, in the name of research.
>>
>> The cork, amazingly tight with a little residual pop on opening.
>>
>> Nose, a little sulfur (?) and here I confess I drank from the bottle
>> as will become clear in a moment. A sip. swirling noxious chemical
>> tastes not really like cork but sour and funky. So I did what anyone
>> would do, I poured it down the sink.
>>
>> color- dare I say Urine? a bit cloudy at that. This puppy wouldn't
>> pass a draft physical in the midst of war.
>>
>> Ahh I feel better now, nice bottle shape.
>> Joseph Coulter
>> Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacationswww.josephcoulter.com

>never heard of this before, Google no help, but WS shows as a Blanc de
>Blancs and Blanc de Noir at a store in Florida. SOunds like $20
>wasted!

It was the Blanc de Noir and whatever the cost it was wasted. I have
had this previously and was expecting nothing from that encounter. I
am sure that our resident troll from a couple years back would assure
me that the problem was A> not Itlaian and 2 I didn't have food with
it. I feel that this one is proof that the second is no indicator, no
food on earth would save this one.

Now if I could only get some of Mark's left over Goose . . . Beverly
is not a goose or duck person and I am seriously jonsing over Mark's
post.