Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 1992 Kristone CA

OK who knows my tastes and thinks I bought this?

Friends gave up on alcohol so they were gracious enough to share their
treasures. Provenance most likely the kitchen cupboard. chlled for a
few months now for some reason unkown to me. We cleaned out the fridge
this morning so I thought, why not, in the name of research.

The cork, amazingly tight with a little residual pop on opening.

Nose, a little sulfur (?) and here I confess I drank from the bottle
as will become clear in a moment. A sip. swirling noxious chemical
tastes not really like cork but sour and funky. So I did what anyone
would do, I poured it down the sink.

color- dare I say Urine? a bit cloudy at that. This puppy wouldn't
pass a draft physical in the midst of war.

Ahh I feel better now, nice bottle shape.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Feb 23, 9:30*am, Joseph Coulter > wrote:
> OK who knows my tastes and thinks I bought this?
>
> Friends gave up on alcohol so they were gracious enough to share their
> treasures. Provenance most likely the kitchen cupboard. chlled for a
> few months now for some reason unkown to me. We cleaned out the fridge
> this morning so I thought, why not, in the name of research.
>
> The cork, amazingly tight with a little residual pop on opening.
>
> Nose, a little sulfur (?) and here I confess I drank from the bottle
> as will become clear in a moment. A sip. swirling noxious chemical
> tastes not really like cork but sour and funky. So I did what anyone
> would do, I poured it down the sink.
>
> color- dare I say Urine? a bit cloudy at that. This puppy wouldn't
> pass a draft physical in the midst of war.
>
> Ahh I feel better now, nice bottle shape.
> Joseph Coulter
> Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacationswww.josephcoulter.com

never heard of this before, Google no help, but WS shows as a Blanc de
Blancs and Blanc de Noir at a store in Florida. SOunds like $20
wasted!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:29:48 -0800 (PST), DaleW >
wrote:

>On Feb 23, 9:30*am, Joseph Coulter > wrote:
>> OK who knows my tastes and thinks I bought this?
>>
>> Friends gave up on alcohol so they were gracious enough to share their
>> treasures. Provenance most likely the kitchen cupboard. chlled for a
>> few months now for some reason unkown to me. We cleaned out the fridge
>> this morning so I thought, why not, in the name of research.
>>
>> The cork, amazingly tight with a little residual pop on opening.
>>
>> Nose, a little sulfur (?) and here I confess I drank from the bottle
>> as will become clear in a moment. A sip. swirling noxious chemical
>> tastes not really like cork but sour and funky. So I did what anyone
>> would do, I poured it down the sink.
>>
>> color- dare I say Urine? a bit cloudy at that. This puppy wouldn't
>> pass a draft physical in the midst of war.
>>
>> Ahh I feel better now, nice bottle shape.
>> Joseph Coulter
>> Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacationswww.josephcoulter.com

>never heard of this before, Google no help, but WS shows as a Blanc de
>Blancs and Blanc de Noir at a store in Florida. SOunds like $20
>wasted!

It was the Blanc de Noir and whatever the cost it was wasted. I have
had this previously and was expecting nothing from that encounter. I
am sure that our resident troll from a couple years back would assure
me that the problem was A> not Itlaian and 2 I didn't have food with
it. I feel that this one is proof that the second is no indicator, no
food on earth would save this one.

Now if I could only get some of Mark's left over Goose . . . Beverly
is not a goose or duck person and I am seriously jonsing over Mark's
post.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com
Posted to alt.food.wine

wrote:

>never heard of this before, Google no help, but WS shows as a Blanc de
>Blancs and Blanc de Noir at a store in Florida. SOunds like $20
>wasted!

Kristone ,is IIRC KJ with bubbles.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com
Posted to alt.food.wine

Joseph Coulter wrote:

> Now if I could only get some of Mark's left over Goose . . . Beverly
> is not a goose or duck person and I am seriously jonsing over Mark's
> post.

I've got leftovers, Joseph, and Andrew and I are batching it for another
2 days while Jean is off speaking in California. Just hop a plane to
Indy and I can guarantee you all the goose you can eat and something
palatable to wash it down with. Of course, you'd have to leave the
Sunshine State for 30°F and snow flurries...

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:58:21 -0500, Mark Lipton >
wrote:

>Joseph Coulter wrote:
>
>> Now if I could only get some of Mark's left over Goose . . . Beverly
>> is not a goose or duck person and I am seriously jonsing over Mark's
>> post.

>I've got leftovers, Joseph, and Andrew and I are batching it for another
>2 days while Jean is off speaking in California. Just hop a plane to
>Indy and I can guarantee you all the goose you can eat and something
>palatable to wash it down with. Of course, you'd have to leave the
>Sunshine State for 30°F and snow flurries...
>
>Mark Lipton

If I didn't have such fond memories of Lake Maxinkuckee and the purple
and gold of Culver . . .

1992 Penfolds Bin 389 Bill S. Wine 4 13-08-2012 07:08 PM
TN: 1992 Corton -Rognet DaleW Wine 0 21-10-2006 07:10 PM
1992 La Bernardine Bill Spohn Wine 0 07-01-2004 04:14 AM
1992 Kristone Blanc de Blancs jcoulter Wine 9 20-12-2003 07:46 PM
1992 Haut Brion dick Wine 22 26-10-2003 02:24 AM