Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Eddie Eddie is offline

Default Wood vs propane

On 19 Feb 2010 04:37:47 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Almost as provocative as Religion & Politics!

My first Q'r was the NBBD. Charcoal only. Then I discovered the K7
and this time wood only. Still have the handy Weber kettle which uses
mesquite, mostly for the steaks. Have the WSM for quickies using
mesquite also. The Caja China - briquettes only. (doesn't cook
directly, it's used only to give off heat)
Propane only for Holiday Rambler trailer to heat inside and to cook on
the stove.
That's it.
Oh, the Oakley house has propane only for heating the house. And for
the stove too. But the propane people want me to dig an 18 inch deep
ditch from the tank which is in the front yard all the way to the back
of the house, a distance of about 75 feet. There is no way I'll do
that. So off to Home Depot.
Eddie