Posted to rec.food.cooking
pavane[_3_] pavane[_3_] is offline

Default I just ate three oranges

"john bently" > wrote in message

| "pavane" > wrote in message
| news | >
| > "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
| > |I think they were juice oranges. Is there such a thing?
| > |
| > | John Kuthe...
| >
| > Yup. Juice oranges are usually valencia, from florida. the california
| > navals are pithier, having more stuff to chew and less juice, they
| > are eating oranges. navals easier to peel, thicker skin; valencia
| > more difficult to peel, thinner skin. all in all i like tangerines.
| >
| > pavane
|
| Are you able to say what the main difference is between tangerines and
| clemantines?

I had no idea except that they are pretty much the same size and
both peel easily. According to Wikipedia the clementine is a variant
of mandarin orange, first identified in 1906, and is known as the
seedless tangerine. They are all pretty intermixed, apparently.
Yesterday I bought some mercotts, which are described as very sweet
tangerines...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clementine

pavane