Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Recipe calls for whole milk or half-n-half

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 13:45:04 -0600, zxcvbob >
wrote:

>I want to make some bread pudding, and the recipe calls for 2 cups of
>whole milk or half-n-half and 1/4 cup of butter. The butter is added to
>the custard before the eggs. Does the fat in the milk really make any
>difference here, or is it overwhelmed by the fat in the butter?
>
>I'm planning to make it with lowfat (1%) milk and maybe add an extra
>tablespoon of butter to compensate.
>
>Bob

Of course it makes a difference. The question really is, will you like
it made with 1% milk instead. Sort of like the difference between
average ice cream and the premium brands. What counts is if you like
the end result.