Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default top spices?

On Feb 3, 3:49*am, StaceyB >
wrote:
> this is my first post so hello everybody!
>
> i love cooking, i can't claim to be an expert but i do love it so i'm
> hoping to pick up a few hints and tips from here - sounds like you're
> all masterchefs compared to me!
>
> anyway, i want to invest in a good spice rack but have unbelievable
> limited space in my kitchen so may just have to stick to the pots for
> now - do you all have a top 5 spices that are essential and versatile?
>
> thanks! *

> StaceyB

Hi Stacey, I don't know what part of the world you live in, but I
have one particular blend that I use for a LOT of things,
it's an all purpose creole seasoning called Tony Chachere's. If you
can find it in a store near you. Get some. I use it on poultry and
meats that I'm going to saute and brown off for a recipe, I use it in
the flour for a dredge for chicken or fish, I use it in recipes, I use
it in soups and stews. It's the best all purpose seasoning that I've
ever found. Other chefs have their own brand name seasonings but
Tony's is the oldest and the best IMHO.

Here's what the package looks like:

http://www.tonychachere.com/