Posted to alt.food.wine
st.helier[_3_] st.helier[_3_] is offline

Default TN: Corked wines at the CIA

"Godzilla Lizard" wrote........

>.......<much snipping>.......

>>> It depends upon your viewpoint of which is the "real" CIA. Is it the
>>> one that does covert operations in other countries, carries out
>>> assassinations, promotes wars and insurrections, or is it the one that
>>> attempts to educate the culinary professionals of the future?

>>> I would prefer to think of the later choice as being "real."

>> In the population as a whole, I suspect 99% have never heard of the
>> Culinary Institute of America but know the CIA is the spy agency. That's
>> real enough even if the Culinary Institute does more real good :-)

> Quite true. However are the readership of alt.food.wine representative of
> the "population as a whole" or are they a more sophisticated and
> knowledgeable subset because of their interest in wine and associated
> food? ;-)

Perhaps the American readership may associate the acronym so - however, I
would suggest that most 99.99% of "foreigners" (even the most ardent of
wine & foodies) would automatically think that Dale was supping with
spies!!!

I know, from the subject line, that was my initial impression.

Of course, Canadians may think DaleW was dining at the Calgary International
Airport, while followers of Dr. Who would be justified in thinking that he
was being hosted by the Celestial Intervention Agency.

--

st.helier